Sunday, August 05, 2007

Democrats roll over for George Bush



Honestly, I don't know why I even bother.



By now you have heard that Mr. 26% ran around yelling "terror, terror, terror!" one more time, and Congressional Democrats caved one more time, and now watch our Constitution go swirling down the drain.



From Devilstower at Kos, before the vote in the House



If you should pony up our rights -- our rights -- as the price of buying the favor of a man at 26% in the polls, what do you think you're going to get for that price? Do you really expect the Republicans to shut up about this issue? Do you expect Fox News to run a streamer saying "Democrats fight terrorists!" and Bill O'Reilly to give you a round of applause?



You're not going to get that. If you fold, Fox News is going to call you weak, and your Republican colleagues are going to go home and brag about how they rolled you. Oh, and they're still going to shout to the heavens that terrorists would be running down every main street in America, if they hadn't made the Democrats knuckle under.



Stop worrying about what Republicans are going to say. Stop worrying about what Rush, and Bill, and Sean, and the Fox morning chorus is going to say. Stop being side characters in the epic tragedy that Bush is enacting on our nation and world.



And then they folded like the house of cards that they are.



Want a list of names? The House members are here. The Senate members are here.



But seriously, does it really matter?



There are a few who stand up and do the right thing. Bless 'em.



But the party as a whole has no spine whatsoever.



I see it in Washington. I see it in Michigan.



And I wonder why I even bother to care.



Oh sure, they will be around next year with their hands out, asking for my money, time, blood, sweat and tears, telling me how they will fight for me.... if I only pony up for them. But when it comes time that they should make a stand, they will vote to save their own skin first.



Hi, Michigan House Democrats! Talking about you, too!



Yeah, they'll fight for me. One of these days, right?



I feel like the world's biggest fool.



I'll get over it.